£1,200 per group
For individual pricing where available, please contact us.
This course is an interactive workshop that takes delegates on a quick recap of principles before using an array of worked examples to reinforce the principles behind electrical designs.
- Three phase theory; balancing and neutral loss
- Power factor and its impact on generators
- Load calculations
- Basic voltage drop calculations and limitations of published data
- Correction factors (e.g. grouping, sunlight, cable ramping) on cables and protective devices
- Ensuring fault and overcurrents are sufficient for selected protective devices
- Harmonics – where they come from, what effect they have and how to take them into account
- More advance calculations taking into account harmonics and cable spacing for 5 wire sets
- Effective earthing
The course uses clients’ own examples of projects where possible to help embed the principles. Candidates will need a copy of BS 7671 and a calculator. Other training materials provided by us as required.